Changes to Your Employment or Program

As an international scholar, when you make changes to your employment such as switching your department, getting a promotion, or reducing your work hours, there are often additional immigration-related procedures you'll need to follow.

We encourage you to discuss any employment changes you're planning with your ISSS advisor, who can advise you about how those changes might affect your immigration status.

Participating in a J-1 Exchange Visitor program is not technically considered employment, but we are including information about making changes to your J-1 program here so that it's easy to find. If you are a J-1 Exchange Visitor sponsored by an organization other than Emory, contact your sponsor directly about their procedures.