F-2 dependents can now enroll part-time in degree programs

May 14, 2015—Starting May 29, F-2 children and spouses of F-1 students can enroll part-time in a degree program at an SEVP-certified school or university. For undergraduate studies at Emory, part-time enrollment means less than 12 credit hours per semester. For graduate studies at Emory, check with the individual program for their admission and enrollment requirements.

Keep in mind that full-time enrollment at the college level is still prohibited for F-2 spouses and children. F-2 children can be enrolled full-time in elementary or secondary education (K-12).

If an F-2 dependent wants to be a full-time student at the college level, they need to change their immigration status to F-1.