Facts & Figures
- Emory is home to 2,951 international students and 1,043 international scholars from over 100 countries.
- The three leading nations of origin for both our students and scholars are China, South Korea, and India.
- Emory College of Arts & Sciences, Laney Graduate School, and Goizueta Business School host the largest numbers of international students.
- 85% of our international students are on an F-1 visa.
- Over 85% of our scholars carry J-1 or H-1B visas.
Student data: Fall 2016 IIE Open Doors student report
Scholar data: 2016-2017 IIE Open Doors scholar report
Growth of Emory's international student community
Primary Field of Research
The spending by international students studying at US colleges and universities supported more than 450,000 jobs and contributed nearly $37 billion to the U.S. economy during the 2016–2017 academic year. This is a 12.4 percent increase in jobs and a 12.5 percent increase in dollars contributed to the economy from the previous year. Visit NAFSA’s International Student Economic Value Tool to learn more about the contributions international students make to our state and district.