ISSS Return to Campus Announcement: Fall 2020
8/7/2020: Versions of the following message were sent to international students, international scholars, and departmental liaisons.
Subject: ISSS Return to Campus
Dear international students and scholars,
We hope this message finds you and your loved ones well and healthy.
As you know, Emory is moving forward with updated plans for the fall 2020 semester. Our team in International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) is returning to campus to support the Emory global community and their host departments. We will transition to a schedule that includes both online and in-person services starting Monday, August 10, 2020.
To keep everyone safe, Emory University has implemented public health guidance and protocols. In accordance with the university health guidelines, we plan to gradually resume our in-person services. Anyone who visits the ISSS office must have received clearance to return to the Emory campus according to campus safety guidelines. Emory community members are expected to adhere to campus safety guidelines that include face coverings, social distancing, and hygiene and reporting any symptoms of illness. If you have not received clearance to return to campus, our team will be happy to assist you remotely.
Ways to connect with ISSS:
- Virtual individual advising appointments
- Scheduled in-person office hours (limited availability)
- You must schedule your visit to the ISSS office at least 30 minutes in advance to allow ISSS to confirm your clearance to return to campus. We cannot assist you if you do not schedule your visit in advance.
- Virtual walk-in advising hours
- Cross-cultural programs and events held online
- E-form requests, government application processing, document processing
- Emergency contact protocol remains the same - available to you 24/7
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or need our support.
The ISSS Team